State Medicaid programs are working with their federal partners at CMS to innovate at the forefront of payment and delivery of health care. Equipped with decades of state Medicaid leadership experience, we stand ready to partner with Medicaid directors and staff to improve health outcomes, create efficiency, and build sustainable health care programs.
State Medicaid program leaders must address numerous priorities at once:
- Find funding to maintain Medicaid programs and achieve state policy goals
- Increase the degree to which payments are tied to quality and outcomes.
- Find sustainable ways to manage the administrative load that accompanies the work of being a changemaker.
- Evolve population health strategies aimed at urgent needs while staying in budgetary boundaries.
- Manage the implementation of Medicaid managed care to populations traditionally served in fee-for service.
- Keep lines of communication open with numerous stakeholders while pursuing innovations.
- Manage the pace of activity at the office (or the home office) to avoid burnout among critical staff and department leaders.