Sellers Dorsey Proudly Supports the Medicaid Health Plans of America
Our experts are former Medicaid and human services officials from across the country, so we know what it takes for health plans to become highly valued partners in the eyes of Medicaid directors. As consultants, these leaders work with Medicaid plans large and small, vendors that supply essential tools, and stakeholders who are critical to the success of any initiative.
Together we can move Medicaid and managed care forward to meet the challenges of today and opportunities ahead.
With the majority of states at or above 75% of their Medicaid beneficiaries enrolled in managed care, health plan partners are expected to implement innovative approaches, achieve program efficiencies, and improve overall health care outcomes. The COVID-19 public health emergency added speed to the demand for expanded access and ways to address complex health-related social needs.
With the right support, you can move in lock step with state priorities that drive system enhancements, helping you navigate procurements, avoid pitfalls, identify trends, and leverage the latest effective practices.
Our people are not just subject matter experts with great connections and years of experience running Medicaid programs and health plans. They’re also doers who share your mission and roll up their sleeves to make sure your initiatives achieve impact.
More states want to address overall population health and health inequities through a community-based care ecosystem. Sellers Dorsey helps MCOs navigate strategic and operational issues connected to these priorities. From drafting RFP responses in Medicaid, to helping implement new Medicaid managed long-term services and supports (MLTSS) programs, and value-based purchasing (VBP) programs, we provide MCOs with the tools needed to meet shifting dynamics at both the state and federal levels. Our state Medicaid and managed care experts offer these and other services to managed care organizations:
- Strategic advisory
- Procurement planning and response support
- Operational support
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Legislative and government affairs support
- Program and policy support
Sellers Dorsey includes former Medicaid Directors, health plan executives, clinicians, and former state officials responsible for the development, financing, administration and operation of managed care and long-term services and supports programs for states and health plans. Key members of our team include:
- Gary Jessee, former Texas Medicaid Director
- Sarah Brooks, former California Deputy Director of Health Care Delivery Systems
- Leesa Allen, former Pennsylvania Medicaid Director
- Mari Cantwell, former California Medicaid Director
- John Benz, former President and CEO of Community Care Plan of Florida
- Nancy Smith-Leslie, former New Mexico Medicaid Director
- Karen Brach, former President and CEO of Meridian Health Plan
- Tom Traylor, former Vice President for Federal, State and Local Programs at Boston Medical Center
- Janice Fagen, former Vice President, Medicaid Operations, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
Contact Sellers Dorsey
If you would like additional information or wish to speak to any of our experts about issues facing your managed care organization, please get in touch and we will have a conversation at a time that's best for you.