Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports
Our firm has a strong focus on long-term services and supports (LTSS) within Medicaid, including LTSS in managed care (MLTSS), based on our consultants’ decades of combined experience operating programs in various states. Our experience and offerings include developing MLTSS policies and programs in collaboration with public and private entities, as well as creative alternative concepts to MLTSS to best suit a diversity of states’ and constituents’ goals. All of these perspectives add value to our ability to analyze, design and implement health care programs that increase value, quality, efficiency, innovation, revenue, and savings goals.
CLIENTS AND SERVICES
Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports
Governments, providers, citizens, and other stakeholders bring diverse perspectives and strengths to meeting the LTSS needs of individuals within any state environment:
- Designing and managing an effective Medicaid LTSS and managed LTSS programs, including program and waiver creation, procurement, readiness review, implementation, health plan contract monitoring, and quality and value-based purchasing (VBP) initiatives.
- Meaningful engagement with stakeholders including technical assistance on stakeholder engagement strategy and facilitation services
- Understanding and implementing state and federal regulations and health care innovations
- Identifying and developing policy and program solutions to help positively influence key policy changes in your state
- Medicaid financing initiatives such as provider assessments and other revenue enhancement strategies
- Business and relationship strategies to help providers, technology companies and others providing support to succeed in Medicaid and managed care environments
- Incorporating the latest in health care trends and regulations into your business processes
- Preparing for and winning new Medicaid business by writing, reviewing, and providing technical assistance for responses to requests for information and requests for proposals
- Preparing for and winning new Medicaid business through successful responses to requests for information and requests for proposals, as well as readiness review
- Educating stakeholders and improving relationships with members, providers, advocates, and public officials through stakeholder engagement strategy and stakeholder facilitation services
- Applying the latest in health care trends, best practices, and regulations to your business, including VBP initiatives
Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports Experts Who Get Things Done
Get to know our LTSS experts and how you can benefit from their experience. Sellers Dorsey includes former state Medicaid officials and Medicaid Directors, hospital and health plan executives, clinicians, and provider organization leaders responsible for the development, financing, administration and operation of Medicaid programs and healthcare delivery in various settings and through both fee-for-service and Medicaid managed-care delivery systems.
Gary Jessee assists states, managed care organizations, service providers, and support vendors working within Medicaid. For 20+ years, he’s worked in health and human services at state and national levels, and his successful tenure in Texas state government comprises several leadership roles, including State Medicaid Director.
Offering 20+ years’ experience with federal and state health policy, Pat is an authority on Medicaid financing. She provides public and private sector clients with strategic, policy, and technical assistance throughout revenue maximization initiatives and long-term care programs, particularly Medicaid managed care programs.
Pam Coleman’s expertise is in Medicaid integrated managed care. She’s worked with several states to develop MLTSS and other Medicaid managed care programs, and when she served as Deputy Medicaid Director for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Pam administered the Managed Care Operations Department.
Sharen Ludher serves as a Senior Consultant for the firm’s work in Medicaid managed care and long-term services and supports. With experience in both the public and private sectors, Sharen helps clients through strategic business intelligence and relationship support. In her previous role as Senior Advisor to the Deputy Executive Commissioner for Medical and Social Services at the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Sharen provided critical thought, analysis, and recommendations on a wide range of topics.
Michael is an expert in managed care and government programs, providing strategic guidance, operational expertise, and project support. A key area of focus for Michael is to help the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, combining his operational experience in long-term services and supports with his managed care experience. In the past Michael worked for Geisinger Health Plan where he managed operations for multiple products, and he spent over 10 years working for the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Department of Aging.
Rachel Feldman brings a strong background in long-term services and supports (LTSS), having served as Senior Director of Communications and Corporate Relations with the National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD) before joining Sellers Dorsey. She also worked with Eldercare Workforce Alliance as a Project Coordinator and Medicare Rights Center as a Policy Associate.
Read full bio and contact Rachel
Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports Experience
Sellers Dorsey offers strong historical knowledge of the evolution of LTSS and payment and delivery models, as reflected in our experience. We offer a variety of perspectives stemming from work with non-state government entities, state and federal agencies, provider associations, and other stakeholders in health care delivery for elders and low-income populations.
EVENTS AND CONFERENCES
Continual Growth in Knowledge and Relationships
Sellers Dorsey stays abreast of the latest rules and guidance from CMS and is connected to policymakers, payers, and providers, maintaining knowledge and relationships that enable us to help clients to be successful. Our staff regularly communicates with leaders and staff of organizations and affiliations in the industry, and they attend events with these influencers and decision makers year-round.
Please let us know if you would like to meet a member of our team at an upcoming event. If you are an event organizer and are interested in hearing one of our thought leaders speak to your audience please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Sellers Dorsey
If you would like additional information or wish to speak to any of our experts about issues facing your managed care organization, please get in touch and we will have a conversation at a time that's best for you.