Research Coordinator (Intern)
Based in either our firm Headquarters in Philadelphia, PA or in Austin, TX, Sellers Dorsey seeks a Research Coordinator (Intern) who will assist our work across project teams to advance our mission to help clients navigate the ever-changing healthcare marketplace. As a member of our team, the Research Coordinator is responsible for assisting Research Associates, Consultants and administrative staff in day-to-day activities. Responsibilities include compiling and analyzing policy and state and federal laws and regulations to understand current issues and health reform priorities. The intern will also conduct topical research, provide the team with written and oral summaries of analyses, and provide support in other tasks as needed.
This role will provide vital assistance to our consulting team by:
- Monitor policy trends to identify new business opportunities in certain states, or on a national scale.
- Monitor news stories and legislation that will impact existing clients.
- Track potential opportunities for the firm to serve clients
- Work with consultants and associates to conduct web-based research and provide written and oral summaries in support of projects/deliverables
- Review policy and state and federal laws and regulations to assist team better understand current issues and health reform priorities;
- Participate in meetings and take notes?
- Collect information and create repositories to prevent duplication of work and streamline work efforts
- Assist with other project needs
- Develop oneself by actively seeking opportunities for continuous learning
- Understand the government funded healthcare landscape and important national health care issues
- Familiarize participants about state, federal, and local health care programs for underserved and uninsured populations.
- Understand how Sellers Dorsey and its consultants impact healthcare policy, strategy, reimbursement and management.
- Strong interest in health policy, social policy, or public health.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Current students in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges);
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills including ability to produce concise summaries of technical material;
- Demonstrated secondary research skills;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment;
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access;
- Additional qualifications include efficiency, flexibility, a high level of motivation and excellent analytical and organizational skills. Candidates must be able to work independently, and within team structures.
Sellers Dorsey is an equal opportunity employer.